Ph.D. Kansas State University Marriage & Family Therapy, 1999
M.S. Brigham Young University, Marriage & Family Therapy, 1996
B.S. Brigham Young University, Family Science, 1994
• Abuse & Neglect
• Family Processes
• Marriage & Family Therapy
• Marriage Education
2009 Nomination, Distinguished Service Award, AAMFT
2005 Auburn University Panhellenic Council Nominee, Outstanding Faculty
2003 Faculty Honoree, Camp War Eagle
MFT COR Project
, 2012 – Present
- Multi-site initiative (Auburn, UGA, UConn, BYU) to collect process and outcome research
- Working together to advance our skills in methodological and statistical measurement of relational data
- Coordinating comparison and control studies focusing on client change
- Collaborating on the collection, coding, and evaluation of couple therapy physiological data
Marriage and Family Therapy Outcome Research - Oct 2002 – 2014
- Collaborative effort to Establish Client Outcome Information at AU MFT clinic
- Assessing the training effectiveness of marriage and family therapy interns
- Continually developing a scientist practitioner model of training
- Students focus on the measurement of client outcomes as a measure of therapist effectiveness
- Measure supervision data in order to track the relationship between supervision and therapy outcomes
Alabama Community Healthy Marriage Initiative - Oct 2006 - 2014
- Statewide outreach and research in cooperation with Family Resource Center Network
- Promoting access to family life educational resources for Alabama citizens
- Supporting healthy relationships, marriages, and stable families
- Continuous Funding
Lucier-Greer, M., Ketring, S., Adler-Baeder, F., & Smith, T. (2012). Malleability of gender role attitudes and gendered messages in relationship education. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 41, 4-17.
Parker, M., Johnson, L., & Ketring, S. (2012). Adult attachment and symptom distress: A dyadic analysis of couples in therapy. Journal of Family Therapy, 34, 321-344.
Lucier-Greer, M., Adler-Baeder, F., Ketring, S., Harcourt, K., & Smith, T. (2012). Comparing the experiences of couples in first marriages and remarriages in couple and relationship education. Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 53, 55-75.
Wickrama, T., & Ketring, S. (2011). Change in the health of tsunami-exposed mothers three years after the natural disaster. International Journal of Social Psychiatry, 58, 278-88.
Porter, R., & Ketring, S. (2011). Contributing factors in the therapeutic alliance. Journal of Relationship and Couple Therapy, 10, 201-14.
Johnson, L., Ketring, S., & Anderson, S. (2010). The inter-session report: Development of a short questionnaire for couples therapy. American Journal of Family Therapy, 38 (3), 266-76.