Application for Admission
- Verification statement from an accredited DPD
(completed within the last five years)
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and DPD GPA of 3.2.
- Grade of "C" or better in all DPD required courses
- Be eligible for admission to Auburn University Graduate School
To be eligible for consideration for admission to the Master’s in Nutrition Non-thesis with Dietetic Internship, the candidate will participate in the spring dietetic internship computer match through DICAS.
A completed application for admission MUST include the following:
- Verification Statement from an accredited DPD program
(within the last 5 years)
- GRE scores
- Resume -- should demonstrate evidence of leadership, paid or volunteer experience in dietetics or nutrition related experiences including time spent in a hospital setting
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (unofficial acceptable for initial review); official transcripts will be required by the Graduate School
- Three letters of recommendation -- the letters must attest to the applicant's motivation and potential to succeed in the M.S. in Nutrition Non-thesis with Dietetic Internship.
- Personal statement -- must demonstrate an ability to communicate well, both clearly and concisely, and must adequately address in less than 1000 words:
- Why the applicant wants to enter the dietetics profession
- What experiences the applicant has had that helped prepare him/her for a career in dietetics
- The applicant's short- and long-term goals
- The applicant's strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement
- Reasons why the applicant thinks he/she should be selected for Auburn's Master's in Nutrition Non-thesis with Dietetic Internship
- Preselect seats – Three (3) dietetic internship seats will be reserved for Auburn University DPD undergraduate students, based on performance criteria.
NOTE: Application to the Graduate School will need to be submitted immediately AFTER acceptance to the Dietetic Internship. Candidates should be prepared to forward official transcripts and official GRE or GMAT scores. Please do NOT submit materials to the Graduate School prior to acceptance to the Auburn University Dietetic Internship. Students admitted to the Dietetic Internship MUST be admitted to the Graduate School, Auburn University in order to access the Dietetic Internship.
All application materials should be submitted on DICAS. If you have questions, please contact: Donna O. Burnett, PhD, RD; 260 Lem Morrison Drive,
Room 102F, Auburn, AL 36849, (334) 844-4261; firstname.lastname@example.org