The mission of the Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP) Experience at Auburn University is to prepare competent, entry-level dietitians for positions in clinical dietetics, community nutrition, and food service management.
ISPP Goals and Outcome Measures
The following goals and outcome measures reflect the mission of the Auburn Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP) and form the basis for evaluation of effectiveness.
To produce competent dietetic professionals for entry-level positions in the field of nutrition/dietetics and/or advanced degree programs in nutrition and/or other health-related fields.
- Over a 5-year period, 80% of ISPP graduates taking the Registration Examination for the first time will pass the exam.
- Over a 1-year period, 90% of ISPP graduates taking the Registration Examination will pass the exam.
- Over a 5-year period, the mean exam scores of graduates receiving Verification Statements of completion of Auburn University ISPP Experience will exceed the national mean on the Registration Examination in each of the following areas: total score, food and nutrition, and foodservice systems management.
- Within 3 years of admission to the M.S. in Nutrition, Non-Thesis Option ISPP Experience, 85% of students will complete the requirements of the M.S. in Nutrition and receive a Verification Statement of completion of the ISPP Experience.
- Within 1 year of ISPP program completion, 85% of ISPP graduates who seek employment will report employment in dietetics or nutrition-related positions.
- Within 3 years of ISPP program completion, 90% of ISPP graduates who seek an advanced degree program in nutrition or other health-related field will gain admission.
- During the first year of employment, 85% of ISPP graduates will be rated very good or outstanding in the areas of professional knowledge and skills for entry-level practice by their employers.
- During the first year of employment, 85% of ISPP graduates will rate their knowledge and skills obtained for entry-level practice as very good or outstanding.
To produce graduates with professional leadership skills that are active in the profession and/or the community.
- Within 3 years of completing the ISPP Experience, 25% of ISPP graduates will report that they have held or are currently holding a leadership role in a professional, community, or civic organization.
- Within 3 years of completing the ISPP Experience, 75% of ISPP graduates will report that they have participated in one or more community or professional service activities.
Information to the Public
Program outcome data is available to the public, current and prospective students upon request. Please send a written request to Dr. Donna O. Burnett, ISPP Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.