Douglas, A.C. (PI; November, 2012). The Bahamian Touristscape Study Abroad Pre-Program Site Visit. Grant Program: Study Abroad Development Grant. Funding Source: Office of International Programs, Auburn University. Amount awarded: $5,000.
Douglas, A.C. (PI; October, 2012). The Bahamian Touristscape: A Conceptual and Experiential Island-Hopping Study Abroad Exploration. Grant Program:College of Human Sciences Study Abroad Grant Program. Funding Source: The College of Human Sciences, Auburn University. Amount awarded: $5,000.
Douglas, A.C. & Kim, K. (Co-PI; September, 2012). Partnering with South Korean Universities in Research and Teaching Opportunities. Grant Program: The Global Partners Grant Program (GPGP). Funding Source: The Office of International Programs, Auburn University. Amount awarded: $10,000.
Martin, D. & Douglas, A.C. (Co-PI; March, 2011). Certified Hospitality Educator Workshop: Travel expenses to participate in an off-campus workshops and certification program. Funding Source: The Daniel F. Breeden Endowed Grant Program, Auburn University. Amount requested and awarded: $3,430.
Martin, D. S. (PI) 2012/2013 Auburn University Intramural Grants Program entitled “Sports Branding and Marketing in the Human Brain”. Funded amount: $7,500.
Martin, D. & Douglas, A.C. (Co-PI; March, 2011) 2011-2012 Daniel F. Breeden Endowed Grant entitled “Certified Hospitality Educator”. Funded amount: $3,000.00. Money used to fund CHE training for the entire HRMT faculty.
Lee, Y. M. & Kwon, J. (Co-PI). “Assessing Point-of-Service / Point-of-Sale Systems in School Nutrition Programs in the United States ” was funded by the National Food Service Management Institute, Applied Research Division.
Lee, Y. M. Restaurants’ Preparedness for Food Allergy Training. Auburn University Intramural Grant Program 2012. Amount funded: $2,500.
Sauer, K., Lee, Y. M., & Kwon, J. Current Practices and School Foodservice Directors’ Knowledge and Attitudes about Food Allergy Training. American Dietetic Association: Allene Vaden Memorial Grant for Food Service Management 2011. Amount funded: $5,000.
Kwon, J., Liu, P., & Lee, Y. M. Food Safety Education for Residential Child Care Institutions: Food Safety Basics, Staff Training. University of Rhode Island.
Dr. Baker Ayoun
Ayoun, B., *Rowe, L., & Yassine, F. (2015). Is Workplace Spirituality Associated with Business Ethics? International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 27(6).
- Ayoun, B., *Rowe, L., & *Eyoun, K. (2014). Tomorrow’s Hospitality Leaders of America: Their Willingness to Accept a Future Expatriate Assignment. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 26(3), 113-124.
- *Sun, T., Ayoun, B., & *Calhoun, J. (2013). The Effect of Organizational Commitment on Word-of-Mouth Intentions in Recruitment in China. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, 12(2), 192-216.
- *Ghezzi, S., & Ayoun, B. (2013). Food Safety in the U.S. Catering Industry: Empirical Findings. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 25(3), 365-382.
- *Murray, D., & Ayoun, B. (2011). Hospitality Student Perceptions on the Use of Sustainable Business Practices as a Means of Signaling Attractiveness and Attracting Future Employees. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality & Tourism, 10(1), 60-79.
- Causin, G., & Ayoun, B. (2011). Packing for the Trip: A Model of Competencies for Successful Expatriate Hospitality Assignment. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 30(4), 795-802.
- Ayoun, B., *Johnson, M., *Van Hyfte, M., & O’Neill, M. (2010). A Comparison Study of U.S. and Non-U.S. Education Internationalization Practices of Hospitality and Tourism Programs. Journal of Teaching in Travel & Tourism, 10(4), 335-361.
- Ayoun, B., Palakurthi, R., & Moreo, P. (2010). Cultural Influences on Strategic Behavior of Hotel Executives: Masculinity/Femininity. International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration, 11(1), 1-21.
- Ayoun, B., & Palakurthi, R. (2008). Doctoral Students in the U.S. Hospitality Programs: A Survey of their Demographic, Academic, and Professional Characteristics. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 20(4), 6-17.
- Ayoun, B., & Moreo, P. (2008). The Influence of the Cultural Dimension of Uncertainty Avoidance on Business Strategy Development: A Cross-National Study of Hotel Managers. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 27(1), 65-75.
- Kim, W., & Ayoun, B. (2005). Ratio Analysis for the Hospitality Industry: A Cross Sector Comparison of Financial Trends in the Lodging, Restaurant, Airline and Amusement Sectors. Journal of Hospitality Financial Management, 13(1), 59-78. (Rated among the 10 MOST POPULAR PAPERS published in the Journal based on the average number of full-text downloads per day since the paper was posted).
Dr. Alecia C. Douglas
Calhoun, J.* & Douglas, A. C. (2015, in press). An analysis of hospitality and tourism research: learning organization’s (LO) influence on sustainability practices. The Handbook of Research on Global Hospitality and Tourism Management. Edited by Angelo Camillo. Published by IGI Global.
- Whaley, J.*, Douglas, A. C., O’Neill, M. (2014). "What's in a Tip?" The Creation and Refinement of a Consumer-Tipping Motivations Scale. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 37, 121-130.
- Phelan, K., Mills, J. E., Douglas, A. C., & Aday, B.* (2013). Digital personalities: an examination of the online identity of travel and tourism websites. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Technology, 4(3), 248-262.
- Douglas, A. C., Mills, J. E., & Phelan, K (2010). Smooth sailing? Passenger’s assessment of cruise brand equity. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 27(7), 649-675.
- Chow, A.J*., Alonso, A.D., Douglas, A.C., & O’Neill, M.A. (2010). Exploring open kitchens’ impact on restaurateurs’ cleanliness perceptions. Journal of Retail & Leisure Property, 9, 93-104.
- Byun, S., Ruffini, C., Mills, J.E., Douglas, A., Niang, M., Stepchencova, S.*, Lee, S., Loufti, J., Lee, J., Atallah, M., & Blanton, M. (2009). Internet Addiction: Metasynthesis of 1996–2006 Quantitative Research. Cyber Psychology & Behavior, 12(2), 203-207.
- Douglas, A. C., Niang, M., Mills, J. E., Stepchencova, S.*, Byun, S., Lee, J., Loufti, J., Ruffini, C., Atallah, M., Blanton, M., & Wartell, R. (2008). Internet addiction: a qualitative meta-synthesis of 1996-2006 research. Computers in Human Behavior, 24(6), 3027–3044.
- Douglas, A., Miller, B., Kwansa, F. & Cummings, P. (2008). Students' perceptions of the usefulness of a virtual simulation in post-secondary hospitality education. The Journal of Teaching in Travel & Tourism, 7(3), 1-19.
- Lehto, X., Douglas, A. C., & Park, J. (2008). Mediating the effects of natural disasters on travel intention. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 23(2/3/4), 29-43. Published simultaneously as the book: Safety and Security in Tourism: Recovery Marketing after Crises, Edited by Noel Scott, Eric Laws, and Bruce Prideaux.
- Douglas, A. C. (2007). CHIP & PIN technology: a POS solution for restaurants. The Journal of Foodservice Business Research, Special Issue on Information Technology, 10(1), 101-112.
- Mills, J. E., Lee, J., & Douglas, A. C. (2007). Exploring perceptions of U.S. state tourism organizations Web advertising effectiveness. The Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 12(3), 245-266.
- Douglas, A. C. & Mills, J. E. (2004). Staying afloat in the tropics: applying a structural equation model approach to evaluating national tourism organization Websites in the Caribbean. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 17(2/3), 269-293.
- Mills, J. E. & Douglas, A. (2004). Ten information technology trends driving the course of hospitality and tourism higher education. The Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 16(4), 21-33. (Article of the Year Award)
- Morrison, A., Taylor, J. S., & Douglas, A. C. (2004). Website evaluation in tourism and hospitality: the art is not yet stated. The Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 17(2/3), 233-251.
Dr. David S. Martin
Gale, A., Martin, D.S., Martin, K., and Duffey, M. (Accepted, in press). "A Comparative Study of Student Attitudes toward Environmental Sustainability and Collaborative Learning". Journal of Interior Design, special issue.
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z., Martin, D.S., & Martin, W.S. (2013). “The Determinants of Medical Tourism Intentions: Applying the Theory of Planned Behavior.” Health Marketing Quarterly, Vol. 31, Number 4 .
- Martin, D.S., Murray, D., O’Neill, M.A., McCarthy, M & Gogue, J. (2013). “Target Shooting as a Serious Leisure Pursuit - An Exploratory Study of the Motivations Driving Participant Engagement.” Martin, D.S., Howell, R., Newman, C., Martin, K. (2012). Validation of Eventserv-Short: A Brief Measure of Customer Satisfaction with Game Day Services.” Journal of Managing Service Quality, Vol. 22, No 4 pp. 386-398.
- Martin, D.S., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z., Martin, W.S. (2011). “Predicting Medical Tourism of Americans: An Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior.” Tourism Review, Special Issue. Vol. 66. No ½ pp. 45-57.
- Martin, D.S. & O’Neill, M.A. (2010). “Scale Development and Testing: A New Measure of Cognitive Satisfaction in Sports Tourism.” Event Management, Vol.14. No 1 pp. 1-15.
- Martin, D.S., Howell, R. & Martin, O’Neill. (2010). “The Impact of Positive Affect, Negative Affect, and Customer Satisfaction on the Future Behavioral Intentions of Sports Fans.” International Journal of Sport and Society. Vol. 1 (2), 101-116.
Dr. Martin O’Neill
Whaley, J.*, Douglas, A. C., O’Neill, M. (2014). "What's in a Tip?" The Creation and Refinement of a Consumer-Tipping Motivations Scale. International Journal of Hospitality Managemen, 37, 121-130
- Kozub, K.R., O’Neill, M.A. and Palmer, A. (2014). Emotional antecedents and outcomes of service recovery: An exploratory study in the luxury hotel industry. The Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 28 (3), 233 - 243
- Park, SG., Kim, K and O’Neill, M.A. (2014). Complaint behavior intentions and expectation of service recovery in individualistic and collectivistic cultures. International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research Vol. 8 (3)
- Alonso, A., O’Neill, M.A., Liu, Y and O’Shea, M. (2013). Factors Driving Consumer Restaurant Choice: An Exploratory Study from the Southeastern United States. Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management. Volume 22 (5): 547-567.
- Alonso, A. and O’Neill, M.A. (2012). What is your favorite Southern dish? A study of Southern US consumers. Journal of Foodservice Business Research Manuscript, Vol. 15 (3), 247-264
- Murray, D.W. and O’Neill, M.A. (2012). Craft beer: penetrating a niche market. British Food Journal, Vol. 114 (7), 899 - 909
- Alonso, A., and O’Neill, M.A. (2012). Imagery and Consumption of Wine: A Southern United States Case Study. Journal of Food Products Marketing Vol.18 (4): 306-324
- Alonso, A. and O’Neill, M.A. (2012). Muscadine Grapes, Food Heritage and Consumer Images: Implications for the Development of a Tourism Product in Southern USA. Journal of Tourism Planning and Development, Vol 9. (3): 213-229
- Alonso, A. and O’Neill, M.A. (2011). Consumer imagery and Southern US foods: a preliminary study. JOHAR: Journal of Hospitality Application and Research, 6 (2), 17-35.
- Alonso, A. and O’Neill, M.A. (2011). Investing in the social fabric of rural and urban communities: a comparative study of two Alabama farmers’ markets. Community Development, Vol 42. (3), 392-409.
- Alonso, A. and O’Neill, M.A. (2011). Interest in Maximization and Value-added Produce: a preliminary Study from Chilton County, Alabama. British Food Journal, Vol. 113 (5), 637-655.
Dr. Imran Rahman
Rahman, I., Park, J., & Chi, G. (2014) Consequences of “Greenwashing”: Consumers’ Reactions to Hotels’ Green Initiatives. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28 (1) (in press).
- Rahman, I. & Reynolds, D. (2014). Wine: An Empirical Analysis of Intrinsic Attributes and Consumers' Drinking Frequency, Experience, and Involvement. International Journal of Hospitality Management (in press).
- Reynolds, D., Rahman, I., & Bradetich, S. (2014). Hotel managers’ perceptions of the value of diversity training: An empirical investigation. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 26 (3).
- Rahman, I., Stumpf, T., & Reynolds, D. (2014). A Comparison of the Influence of Purchaser Attitudes and Product Attributes on Organic Wine Preferences. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 55 (1), 127-134.
- Reynolds, D., Rahman, I., & Balinbin, W. (2013). Econometric modeling of the U.S. restaurant industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 34, 317-323.
- Gursoy, D., Rahman, I., & Swanger, N. (2012). Industry’s expectations from hospitality schools: What has changed? Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education, 24 (4).
- Rahman, I., Reynolds, D., & Svaren, S. (2012). How ‘green’ are North American hotels? An exploration of low-cost adoption practices. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 31 (3), 720-727.
Dr. Yee Ming Lee
Lee, Y. M., & Xu. H. (2015). Food allergy knowledge, attitudes, and preparedness among restaurant managerial staff. Journal of Foodservice and Business, 18(5). Manuscript accepted for publication.
- Cook, E., Lee, Y. M., White, D., & Gropper, S. (2015). The diet of inmates: An analysis of a 28-day cycle menu used in a large country state of Georgia. Journal of Correctional Health Care. Manuscript accepted for publication.
- Lee, Y. M., Kwon, J., & Sauer, K. (2014). A focus group study of child nutrition professionals’ attitudes about food allergies and current training practices. Journal of Child Nutrition and Management. Available at http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx?id=20275
- Lee, Y. M., Kwon, J. & Sauer, K. (2013). Child nutrition professional’s knowledge and training practices regarding food allergies in US school. Journal of Foodservice Management and Education. 7, 8-15. Available at http://fsmec.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/7-2-Lee.pdf
- Kwon, J., Zottarelli L. K, Kwon, S., Ryu D, & Lee, Y. M. (2013). Food safety training needs at evacuation shelters operated by faith-based organizations. Journal of Environmental Health, 76(2), 14-21.
- Kwon, J. & Lee, Y. M. (2012). Exploration of past experience, attitudes, and preventive behaviors of consumers with food allergies about dining out: A focus group study. Food Protection Trends, 32, 736-746. Available at http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/trilix/fpt_201212/index.php?startid=736
- Kwon, J., Choi, Y. G., Liu, P. & Lee, Y. M. (2012). Food safety training needed for Asian restaurants: Longitudinal review of health inspection data in Kansas. Journal of Foodservice Management and Education, 6, 10-15. Available at http://fsmec.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Volume-6-Issue-2.pdf#page=14